Thursday, March 31, 2011

Work in progress; Escape spread (first draft)

For my escape spread Ioana gave me a story she wrote, it's about dreams and trying to escape the everyday routinated life society has basically become like. Obsessed by time,trends,schedules. This is escaping all of that and doing what one really would want. Following dreams.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The text on the right side of the spread is: 'I’ve taken my decision. I want to run away. I want to run away too, anywhere, just to escape from the room with butterflies in the stomach. Why should I lie down in my tiny corner watching the butterflies fly obsessively around me? Why should I forget the moments of freedom that I had? If I were a piece of paper I would have let myself go with the wind under the door. Even if I dig in the carton walls isolating me from the world outside, they grow again. Is there no way of escape? I want to become an angel. I want to fly away with wings of hope and to get to the factory of dreams. To travel light-years and in my long journey to find new dimensions, new worlds, new beings. To discover the unknown. To pass through galaxies, through new universes. To see so many falling stars so I can remember all the wishes I’ve ever had. To get to the factory of dreams to make them come true, and then come back here, freed from the room with butterflies in the stomach. ' And I made it a staircase shape to represent the steps people take to get to the next place.

I put a cocktail glas with a lemon with the words "boredom,stress,routine" against it to represent initially what most people want to escape to: holiday. Somewhere where time doesn't count, where stress and routines are distant in the memory.


I'm still working on this spread since there's too much blank space however I quite like it still.

No comments:

Post a Comment